POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Of splines... : Re: Of splines... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Of splines...
From: Ron Parker
Date: 18 May 1999 11:27:10
Message: <374178be.0@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 18 May 1999 06:22:22 -0400, TonyB wrote:
>Only one reply!!!? I though more people would jump in to discuss this,
>especially Ron Parker. Please, somebody write. Thanks in advance.

Believe it or not, I didn't jump in because I've never paid much attention
to how they do all those splines.  I imagine the actual ray-object intersection
test is quite different for a cubic-spline sphere sweep than for a cubic-spline
sor, though, so it's probably not as easy to generalize as you may think.
Though there's no reason the "spline" keyword couldn't support all different
types of splines.  Keep in mind, though, that just because I maintain this
behemoth doesn't mean I understand it all completely.