POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : DTA Tutorial : Re: DTA Tutorial Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DTA Tutorial
From: GrimDude
Date: 17 May 1999 17:03:40
Message: <3740761c.0@news.povray.org>
Only the latest version supports avi's (I believe). In order to get
hi-color output with DTA you had to use the /b24 switch, which would create
an flt animation. Only Dave's Flic Viewer (DFV) understood this format, to
the best of my knowledge, but even then it was best to use BuildSV and build
a self-viewing flt file. All of these utilities are D. Mason's work.
  The commandline for a ten frame animation would be straightforward.
Usually they are numbered, but you can even list them sequentially, as long
as you have room on the commandline.
  I built an animation called Wetness. Pov output Wetnes00 - Wetnes32, so
the commandline I used was:
  DTA wetnes*.tga /b24 /m32768 /po /s5 /oWetness
and the output is a 32-frame, 24-bit animation called Wetness. The /po
switch optimizes the palette, and the /m32768 sets up for maximum color
usage. I think 32768 is the upper limit.
  This works with 2.2.7 anyway.
  With the new utility I'm not sure what would work. :)

GrimDude
vos### [at] arkansasnet