POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Library paths and image maps : Re: Library paths and image maps Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library paths and image maps
From: Alan Kong
Date: 6 May 1999 23:43:04
Message: <373b4ec7.57881975@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 05 May 1999 17:46:26 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Bob Hughes wrote:
>>
>> Just to make a note here. I've used more than 10 library paths and have
>> been able to use any new additional path once the Povray.ini has been
>> edited and saved without need to close and restart POV-Ray for Windows
>> v3.1e. The Scene help file says library paths are limited to 10 and
>> appears to be in error about this.
>> Anyone care to acknowledge this?
>
>  If by that you mean you want me to add more than ten library paths
>to my ini file and then design a scene that will use one source file
>from each directory just to back up you statement I would like to go
>on record as saying I support you on this without feeling a need to
>verify it thank you very much.

  Ken, I have read and re-read and re-re-read countless times (count +
1, even) and have come to the foregone conclusion that yes, indeed,
though Bob does not name you specifically in his request for
acknowledgement, your expertise has been called upon once again.
However, if I am in error than I am not so proud as to deny that I
ever posted this message in the groups.
--
Alan
povray.org - official home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer