POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ship modelling : Re: Ship modelling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship modelling
From: F VERBAAS
Date: 13 May 1999 10:12:13
Message: <373acfad.0@news.povray.org>
There are a lot of sources for general arrangement plans, sailplans and
lines/body plans.
Check your local library. Model builder's magazines may prove a powerful
source. They sometimes publish complete building guides for wooden models. I
found very little technical information on the web.

For the hull and the sails you could try SPATCH.
I know there are some demo versions of CAD packages for naval architects,
but they generally do not allow to store your work or dump the hull grid to
DXF or so.  (should one find one that does please let me know).

What type of sailing vessel do you plan to model? There have been some
recent rebuilds which had ample publicity.
--
Frans Verbaas

Keep in touch with the Dutch !!!

Mike Metheny heeft geschreven in bericht <3738e199.0@news.povray.org>...