POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Of splines... : Of splines... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:49 EDT (-0400)
  Of splines...
From: TonyB
Date: 17 May 1999 08:31:18
Message: <373FF075.2BD60BDE@panama.phoenix.net>
I was wondering why splines, within POV, are not all interchangeable and
applicable everywhere. Are not all splines the same basic thing? Lemme
see if I recall the different types in existance. There are Linear,
Quadratic, Cubic, Bezier, Catmull-Rom, B, NURB, Hermite, etc., etc.
Could all these different types be added to POV in such a way that they
could be used everywhere? For example, that I could use a bezier spline
in a sphere_sweep, or a catmull-rom spline in a prism? And the spline
keyword in the SuperPatch, couldn't it be made to accept all splines?
Thanks in advance.

[Note: POV designates official and superpatch versions]

--
Anthony L. Bennett
http://welcome.to/TonyB