POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tiling textures - How? : Re: Tiling textures - How? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiling textures - How?
From: Ken
Date: 16 May 1999 20:21:09
Message: <373F52A7.7C311FA3@pacbell.net>
David Cook wrote:

> I'm working on a scene which will serve as wallpaper, i.e., the edges all
> match up when tiled, but I can't get textures (such as stone, marble, etc.)
> to do the same. I seem to recall reading something about this, either in the
> POV docs or in the newsgroups, but durned if I can recollect or find it
> again. Anyone have suggestions on how to do this, or was it just my
> imagination?
>
> TIA,
> -- Dave

  Ah heck ! Is that the most challenging thing you can come up with
today. I had hope for something with at least a little challenge
involved with solving your problem :)

  You are probably thinking of Chris Colefax's texture tiling include
file that will allow you to seemlessly tile Pov proceedural pigment
patterns in just such a manner as you have described.

The site where said include file originates :
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

Regards,

--
Ken Tyler