POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU : Re: WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WELL OT : Water Cooling you CPU
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 May 1999 12:26:42
Message: <373EE3A6.A5C52D65@aol.com>
Heck, get an electric cooler unit (12 Volt DC) and mount it in the case. A
bit expensive maybe but would be like airconditioning for your computer.
Btw, I haven't tried this, just sounds as feasible as anything else,
actually I may have even heard of it being done.

P.S. It would more than likely need to be other than the cooler chest type
thing (igloo KoolMate, Coleman, etc.) and more the CCD cooler as with
telescope video due to the amperage requirements. Also, I'm not to keen on
running water anywhere near my PC, one was in an inch of water once due to
a indoor line break and seems okay, I'm just not in any hurry to tempt
fate again.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe