POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with Torus primitive : Re: Problems with Torus primitive Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems with Torus primitive
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 May 1999 23:03:33
Message: <373B8437.E3E4125@aol.com>
Not sure you're going to be able to. I've seen a image_map on a sphere
become obviously flattened at such great camera zooms. Likewise, there are
other known distortions at such extremes. You might get by if you rescale
the entire scene down if you can and use the 'direction 30*x' instead. I
wouldn't guarantee you any success though with the higher number using
another method.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe