POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ship modelling : Re: Ship modelling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship modelling
From: Mike Metheny
Date: 12 May 1999 00:12:51
Message: <3738f1b3.0@news.povray.org>
<<Bezier patches for the sails.>>

Ooo bezier patches. . .never used dem before ;p.  time to search my errored
help file :>.  CSG may be the bitchy thing to do but may be the way to go.

  <<Your first task should be to get a good set of pictures of a ship or
boat that is close to what you want to build and reference them often. There
are many different
fittings and pieces on a boat and trying to remember them all is nearly
impossible.>>

Am currently looking now.

 <<By a plastic model kit first, put it together and then take out a good
pair of callipers would be the accurate way to go and is not unheard of.>>

Maybe.

<<Don't "just" settle for a water texture>>

Well I'm asking for it but I plan to put a ship in a bottle (can we say
Absolut yes i knew

<<A big friendly pelican on an pier support would be a major bonus>>

Hadn't thought about this but this might be good!  The scene layout as i
envision it in my mind is the ship on the water inside the bottle, and the
bottle is on a stand sitting on an old mariner's desk in the captain's cabin
perhaps, with some old looking sea stuff lying around.

<<Well you did ask after all :)>>

Indeed I did.

--

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."