POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compressed meshes and morphing : Compressed meshes and morphing Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Compressed meshes and morphing
From: Martin Magnusson
Date: 11 May 1999 17:45:24
Message: <373896e4.0@news.povray.org>
I'm having big troubles with the include files for compressed meshes and
morphing.

First of all, I find it very difficult to make two meshes with the same
number of triangles. I have an sPatch model which I export to DXF and then I
use Crossroads to convert it to a POV mesh. As soon as I change anything in
the sPatch file the number of triangles in the final file changes, even when
I tried just translating the objecy a little bit in the x direction. Does
anyone know of a better way to convert sPatch models to files that can be
morphed in some way?

Then, when I try to morph the files (so far I've only managed to make the
macro accept morphing to and from the same mesh) it looks good when the
"morphing number" is 0 or 1 (i e the first and final frame of the morph).
The frames in between are more or less distorted, mostly at 0.5.

Also, POV-ray halts and says that IntWeight2 in PCMMORPH.MCR is undeclared,
so for now I replaced it with 1.

Has anyone else had problems with this? I could upload the files if it would
help.

--
Martin Magnusson
e-mail: Mar### [at] studentuuse