POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One job for the knowledgeable nearsighted. : Re: One job for the knowledgeable nearsighted. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One job for the knowledgeable nearsighted.
From: Ron Parker
Date: 10 May 1999 10:53:33
Message: <3736e4dd.0@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 10 May 1999 09:29:45 -0400, Jean Montambeault wrote:
>            Now, I was expecting that since its a simple prismatic effect
>that makes objects of different colors to appear at other relative places
>than they really are. What is puzzling me is that black border made of
>nothing ! I am not looking at a black color : I am looking at *nothingness*
>!!!! Is this a rip in the space-time continuum ?

Diopter -6.75 here, though at the moment I'm wearing contact lenses at
-6.50 so I can't see the effect.  The black you're seeing is the non-blue
components of the blue hexagon, overlapping the non-red components of the
red hexagon.  If your hexagons were yellow and cyan you might actually
see green in the middle (I think... as I said, I can't see the effect
anymore since I've started wearing contact lenses.)  The effect is
even more pronounced if you wear polycarbonate or other high-IOR lenses.