POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... : Re: Someday... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someday...
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 9 May 1999 22:30:53
Message: <37363751.1F161AEA@xs4all.nl>
Margus Ramst wrote:

> Sadly so. Just like Australia etc. I can't imagine undertaking such a trip
> just for this purpose. Unless I'll strike it rich within the next few
> years... Yeah, right.
> Let's face it, the POV community is just too international. Local
> conventions - perhaps.

Well then, there you have it. Since Lewis won't be back for a couple of years
(poor guy) I suggest he starts arranging a festival situated on the moon or
somewhere else in space scheduled as soon the average POV-er can afford such a
trip.

But a universal one is not likely to happen anytime
> soon.

Never say never.

If not in a video-conference form. But many people lack the necessary
> connection speed for this.

Nah. That's what you have these groups for.

> Margus
>
> Lewis wrote in message <3735ACE8.F215E5EF@netvision.net.il>...
> >There is no way in hell I'm going to fly to the US. It's too far.

BTW if anyone is interested in local get-togethers why not start organizing such
a thing at a smaller scale and see where that leads. Imagine: you've spent
you're last nickle on a ticket to the POV-convention somewhere on Easter Island
to find once you get there the whole group consists of even greater buttholes
then you had imagined.
There has been a very feeble hint of some sort of small convention on the low
lands. But that was Enschede, they would do anything there to get to a party ;-)

Groetn,

Remco