POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Someday... : Re: Someday... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Someday...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 May 1999 13:25:34
Message: <3735B6D0.7A6A39C6@aol.com>
The "official" POV-Ray 1.0 executable I have here is dated July 3, 1992.
So, good timing for a 4th of July holiday in the U.S. anyhow. Well,
maybe... it's actually a Wednesday in 2002. Also on Wednesday of 2001, May
16, is the anniversary date of DKBTrace 2.12 (8 years old next week),
which I suppose is the true father of POV; though someone with the
POV-Team surely knows this better. Still, the POV version 1.0 sounds most
likely to be called upon as the anniversary celebrity.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe