POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optimizing windows/povray. (my own written howto guide) : Re: Optimizing windows/povray. (my own written howto guide) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optimizing windows/povray. (my own written howto guide)
From: Spider
Date: 7 May 1999 18:06:38
Message: <37335484.48F1B98B@bahnhof.se>
Guilty as charged.

I was the one with the link to shell select. I can dig it up and post it here,
or a link.

What happends is that:
The shell program (litestep, explorer, evwm, reveal) reads from the registry and
autostart menus, then launch theese programs.
If you use another program as shell, then it wiill not launch theese processes.
Therefore, it is adviceableto run POV as a shell if you want the total cpu
speed.

no, this won't cause much trouble. If you double click the background, you will
get the old "task-manager" launched. from this you can access the "run.." and
"shutdown" menus.

Here is the address to shell selector:
http://www.v-active.com/shellselect/
(15k download)

--
//Spider    --  [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]
And the meek'll inherit what they damn well please