POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Library paths and image maps : Re: Library paths and image maps Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library paths and image maps
From: Ken
Date: 6 May 1999 05:13:59
Message: <37314EB4.E560197F@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Yes, it's true. More than 10 Library_Path= lines works. I just had to test
> this out to be positive. I created 12 new folders each with it's own
> include file containing a 'text' statement of the numbers 1 thru 12 and
> then forgot I had to also have the path to my fonts as well so they
> totaled 13 in all. POV-Ray 3.1e has no problem using that many and I was
> thinking I had heard 20 was the new limit, however I'm satisfied with the
> 13 paths possible so far. Oh, and no restarting of POV-Ray either, just
> the saving of Povray.ini does fine.

  I am glad you were able to confirm that. I know intuitively that changes
to the master povray.ini file needs no restart as it is read each time
a render is started. The same is not true of the secondary.ini file which
I do on occasion edit to add or remove graphic resolutions and AA settings
for unique circumstances. It seems to be read into memory and forgotton
until you close the program and restart. This is evidenced by the glaring
ommision of changes made to the file in the drop down resolution menu.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net