POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Library paths and image maps : Re: Library paths and image maps Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library paths and image maps
From: Ken
Date: 5 May 1999 21:48:41
Message: <3730E662.D296C4E9@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Just to make a note here. I've used more than 10 library paths and have
> been able to use any new additional path once the Povray.ini has been
> edited and saved without need to close and restart POV-Ray for Windows
> v3.1e. The Scene help file says library paths are limited to 10 and
> appears to be in error about this.
> Anyone care to acknowledge this?

  If by that you mean you want me to add more than ten library paths
to my ini file and then design a scene that will use one source file
from each directory just to back up you statement I would like to go
on record as saying I support you on this without feeling a need to
verify it thank you very much.

  Perhaps that was/is a limitation with Win 3.0 and the newer win 95/98
have no such bottlenecks built in. Or maybe not.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net