POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Library paths and image maps : Re: Library paths and image maps Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Library paths and image maps
From: Ken
Date: 5 May 1999 15:46:19
Message: <37309176.FD2F8B63@pacbell.net>
Drew wrote:

> I cant get POV to find my image maps, further I have no clue why.
>         Can somone explain to me what exactly I have to do to make this work?
> the path for my image maps is :  C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows
> v3.1\User\Image maps. What do I have to do to the .INI file and on the
> command line? is therer anthing else I need to do?

 Open pov and choose the tools menu. Select edit master povray.ini.

Add the following line to the bottom of the ini file

Library_Path=C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\User\Image maps

 Don't worry if there is already another Library_Path=   statement in
the file. Just add yours below it and then re-start the program.
It should now search for your image in that directory before giving
up and asking you where it is.

You can also include a path in your image map statement like this:

 pigment {
  image_map { tga "c:\pov\includes\images\Image.tga" }
}

> While Im here I want to make the sky fade from blue to black as it goes
> up. How is this accomplished?
> -Drew

A simple gradient pigment pattern will accomplish this for you.

sky_sphere {
 pigment { gradient y
  color_map {
   [0 rgb < 0, 0, 1 >]
   [1 rgb < 0, 0, 0 >]
  }
 }
}

  Also look in the docs under the tutorial section describing the use of
sky spheres. It contains more examples and some of the different options
you should be aware of.

Regards,

--
Ken Tyler