POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Let me see if I've got it... : Re: Let me see if I've got it... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Let me see if I've got it...
From: Lance Birch
Date: 5 May 1999 10:21:09
Message: <373045c5.0@news.povray.org>
I'm definitely wouldn't consider myself a professional yet, but I've had a
little experience anyway... :)  he he he

I've done the graphic design and network timer programming for an Internet

I'm now their system administrator (which isn't much fun... especially when
you're called in to fix a "problem" and get there to find out the hub's
power transformer cable has fallen out... ;-)  LOL

If you want to see what that job involved, I've got an image of 1 of the 5
background screens I designed for them here:  (I also did their screen
savers, menus etc etc)

http://members.xoom.com/lancebirch/Server.png  (it's 524 Kb... I know I
know, big file, but it's got some fine lines in it and the JPEG, even on
100%, washes the detail right out making it look smudged...)

The idea was to create simple yet colourful screen backgrounds for each of
the terminals, all of which had their own unique colour scheme, and also
some room for desktop icons etc.  They were very pleased with the results,
and I must say so am I.  I've also done a few other little graphic design
jobs, but they didn't involve much 3D work.

Of course I envy Gilles for his amazing work with POV-Ray... :)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind