POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : In SPatch, creases... : In SPatch, creases... Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:05:53 EDT (-0400)
  In SPatch, creases...
From: Jean Montambeault
Date: 2 May 1999 20:00:18
Message: <372cd902.0@news.povray.org>
Can anyone explain to me, in plain language, why the use of Bezier
patches via SPatch often causes the texture to crease like in the example
given here. This sphere was inserted using the menu, scaled about 3X so it
would be clear and rotated a bit but nothing else. I saved the screen
cropped and compressed to make the image which shows the problem quite
exactly. It happens often and can mess up a project at any stage of its
developpement.

    This may not be an easy question.

    Thanks in advance.

     Jean.