POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How many of you overclock your CPU ? : Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many of you overclock your CPU ?
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 2 May 1999 18:20:23
Message: <372cc197.0@news.povray.org>
Lewis wrote in message <372CBD02.BA21E368@netvision.net.il>...
>What I DID see, was a computer company that sells super-cooled
>computers, not overclocked, and the result was a yet faster chip that
>was legal to resell.
>
>That's another aspect of overclocking - it's theft, at least legally.

Under which strange legal system would overclocking be theft? Let me guess!
The american! ;-)

No, earnestly, do you have any facts to consolidate your statement?

And I am speaking of private individuals, or even companies, that overclock
CPUs they have themselves bought, for their own use, at their own risk.
I do not mean someone buying lower-rated chips and relabeling them to sell
them as more expensive high-speed chips...

Johannes.