POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro tutorial : Re: Macro tutorial Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro tutorial
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 1 May 1999 10:12:30
Message: <372afdbe.0@news.povray.org>
Thanks Gilles and everybody else who replied. I agree that reverse-engineering would
be
the way to go, leading to maximum understanding of what's going on. It's just that
most if
not all of the examples I've looked at so far succeed only in confusing me. BUT...I'll
give it another go.

--
----------------------
Andy

Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> Recursive macros were a cypher too until I found the pyramid.pov & pyramid2.pov
macros
in the
> povray directory. There was (is ?) also an example of a simple fractal tree made
with a
> recursive macro in the isosurface patch which was the grand daddy of the MakeTree
family. I
> didn't check with the latest version of this patch but it should be still there.
Most of
what
> I learnt on macros was obtained by reverse-engineering the clean, well-designed ones
by
Chris
> Colefax, John VanSickle, Margus Ramst, Steve Pigeon and many other contributors in
the
povray