POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Annimation Matrix : Re: Animation Matrix Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Matrix
From: Ken
Date: 4 May 1999 02:02:50
Message: <372E7F04.6830C7D6@pacbell.net>
David Vincent-Jones wrote:

> I would like to use a Matrix of X,Y,Z positions to describe an irregular
> object movement. Is this possible or what would be the preferred approach?

It might be easier to use an array of xyz positions to desribe an irregular
object movement.

#declare Trans_pts = 7;
#declare Trans_pts_array = array[Trans_pts]
{
	<-1.5, 1.667, -11.5>,
	<-3.5, 0.667,  -9.5>,
	<-1.5, 2.667,  -7.5>,
	<-1.5, 0.667,  -5.5>,
	<-3.5, 3.667,  -3.5>,
	<-3.5, 0.667,  -1.5>,
	<-1.5, 4.667,   0.5>
}

#declare N = 0;
#while ( N < Trans_pts )
	sphere { <0, 0,0> 1 translate Trans_pts_array[N]*clock }
	#declare N = N + 1;
#end

  I'm not sure if the above example will actually move one object to several
locations or create multiple objects for each location but the idea has room
for exploration.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net