POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : In SPatch, creases... : Re: In SPatch, creases... Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:38:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: In SPatch, creases...
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 3 May 1999 05:44:35
Message: <372D61F2.6D6133FF@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Jean Montambeault wrote:

>     Can anyone explain to me, in plain language, why the use of Bezier
> patches via SPatch often causes the texture to crease like in the example
> given here. This sphere was inserted using the menu, scaled about 3X so it
> would be clear and rotated a bit but nothing else. I saved the screen
> cropped and compressed to make the image which shows the problem quite
> exactly. It happens often and can mess up a project at any stage of its
> developpement.
>
>     This may not be an easy question.
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>
>      Jean.

This is a copy of the original sPatch texture. Due to the fact that
sPatch uses OpenGL for internal texturing this can happen, However it
does *not* effect the povray output when textured properly. I use sPatch
a lot and never had any problems with texturing.

OpenGl is used to get a fast lighted picture of your model. There a
certain restrictions to it and sometimes they appear in visible manner.

I hope this one helps,

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler