POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Whiter, yet not. : Re: Whiter, yet not. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whiter, yet not.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 May 1999 20:14:39
Message: <372CDC5A.D80E2118@aol.com>
You must have at least some light on all parts of a normal or it will not
show. Thought maybe the tilde 0.3 for the 'brilliance' was a negative
number, guess Margus uses a tilde the same way I do, short for
approximately. Well, if you want an interesting effect when using
brilliance now that you're willing to try it out anyway, use a small
negative number instead. 'brilliance -0.3' would make the edges, or
light/shadow terminator, of an object brighten instead of darken. Only
trouble with it is that it's difficult to control.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe