POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cloud movement : Re: cloud movement Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloud movement
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 2 May 1999 19:57:10
Message: <372CD843.F974A96A@aol.com>
Cross-posting is a no-no.

You might try media in blobs maybe, using the negative strength
component(s) to affect the visible ones. Guess it's possible to clip a
cloud textured object, but think all you'd get is sharp edges. Best thing
would be procedural texturing which blanks out for the invisible parts,
translating the texture for movement. Just a layered texture like that on
a plane might be okay for both cloud motions.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe