POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normal, everyday, white walls : Re: normal, everyday, white walls Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: normal, everyday, white walls
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Apr 1999 04:43:26
Message: <37295ED5.8D9B2285@aol.com>
Usually the shallow angled light on ceilings does darken quite a bit at the perimeter
if
you look at a room with a central ceiling light at night or in a windowless room. It's
tough to mimick reality using POV, that's part of the challenge. Anyway I have a so
called
material.inc with ceiling and wall textures in it among other things. It dates back to
POV
2.2 but might be good a time as any to post it at the povray.text.scene-files, for
lack of
a better place, not much to write home about though.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe