POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normal, everyday, white walls : normal, everyday, white walls Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  normal, everyday, white walls
From: Rainer Mager
Date: 30 Apr 1999 03:05:20
Message: <37294820.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

    Can anyone suggest a goot texture for a normal, everyday, white wall
(and ceiling)? I've been trying to make a room with just white walls and a
ceiling (and of course stuff in the room) and I'm not getting the results I
want. The problem I'm getting is that the ceiling is much too dark when
compared to the walls. This is somewhat due to my placement of the light
sources (connected to the walls and somewhat high up) so that the angle of
reflection off of the walls and off of the ceiling is drastically different.
    I would like to keep the ceiling and the walls the same exact texture if
possible. If reached a reasonable compromise by having a rather high ambient
value but this seems like cheating to me. Also I'd really like to have
somewhat bumpy walls (kind of light stucco but not quite that bumby). When I
added a bump or crackle normal then this introduced all kinds of problems.
    I realize that both of these normals are supposed to cause dark spots
but I got many very dark, almost black spots throughout the walls and
especially the ceiling. I really just want a slightly bumpy look.
    Anyway, if someone can suggest a good texture I would be greatful.

Thanks,

--Rainer