POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grass : Re: Grass Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 28 Apr 1999 10:19:30
Message: <37270ae2.0@news.povray.org>
I haven't used the leveller export feature, but I suspect it exports the
points of the HF as height values, so in a 400X400 HF you get 400X400 height
values. But what if you don't want the objects positioned exactly at the HF
grid points? Or you want to place them more densely than the HF resolution?
You would then have to do pretty complex math to interpolate the height of
an arbitrary point on the HF - or use a (potentially inaccurate)
approximation.
With trace() you can use any density, introduce jitter etc. All it takes is
to make 2 nested while loops going from Xmin to Xmax and Ymin to Ymax. I
think I already have the macro somewhere. If you want it, I'll look it up.

Margus