POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grass : Re: Grass Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass
From: Ken
Date: 28 Apr 1999 03:38:13
Message: <3726ABB1.13C51D42@pacbell.net>
Mike Metheny wrote:

> Okay, hypothetical I'm thinking of trying.  I create a heightfeild, make a
> nice lil hill.  I wanna use a macro to create a nice field of tall wild
> grasses.  obviously the base of each stalk needs to be just under the
> 'ground' or heightfield.  Easy way to do this anyone?
>
> --
>
> Mike Metheny
> lon### [at] vtedu
> mik### [at] loneshepherdcom
> http://www.loneshepherd.com/
>
> "When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

  The easy way is by using the export points command in Leveller. What
you say ? Leveller will sample a HF and then export, as an array, the
xyz location of the height of various points on that HF. You can then
use the array in a while loop to accurately distribute any type of
object along the surface of your HF object. If you created your HF
image using a different program or method than Leveller it still
is no problem. You can import that image into Leveler and then export
the points based on the information contained in your HF image.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net