POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug in CSG difference with clipped_by : Re: Bug in CSG difference with clipped_by Server Time
23 Jun 2024 15:59:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in CSG difference with clipped_by
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Apr 1999 22:50:43
Message: <37266938.A3E8EEDA@aol.com>
Far as I've known 'clipped_by' behaves similarly to a cut command in an
image processing program, ie. extracts the selected region, discarding
it. I too have thought it opposite the usual way you would want to use
it, but this seems correct if thought of right. Clipping snips off from
the clipped object, unless the surface of the clipping object is
inversed thus making for a collecting instead. Basically it's a
'difference' and 'merge' together sort of thing in my view. By the way I
think 'bounded_by' is intended to be the inversed clipped_by isn't it?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe