POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Festival of POV - ideas : Re: Festival of POV - ideas Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Festival of POV - ideas
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 27 Apr 1999 19:46:37
Message: <37263e4d.0@news.povray.org>
Fabien Mosen <101### [at] compuservecom> wrote in message
<37262548.F71D2226@compuserve.com>...
>- In fact, we have a very good reason to do a POV-festival : the
>Pov-Team moving to
>the Internet (end of this moth, IIRC).  I think it could be some kind of
>theme for
>the festival.
>
>- Aside each one finishing her/his best image of the year, it could be
>very interesting
>to create a collective image, based upon the theme.  It would be a
>highly detailed image,
>with perfect shapes, perfect textures, where you could see new things
>each time you look,
>where we put all the knowledge we gain since a year,...  All we need is
>many coder-artists,
>and someone to do the artistic coordination.  If the idea is accepted,

Hmm... Well, I don't know. IMO, good+good is not always better, i.e. the
works of many combined into one would not necessarily look very good.
There's the problem of different interpretations and the problem of
coordination. If many people work at an image, whose vision will they (agree
to) follow? Or when will the dispute end if they try to reach a consensus?
It's a potential tower of Babel in the making, I'd say.

>count me as a potential
>candidate for the coordination (5 IRTC prizes, not too bad, huh ? ;o)

That's right. Flaunt. But then, I probably would, too :)

Margus