POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Was: Attention - Yes you too! in p.b.i. : Was: Attention - Yes you too! in p.b.i. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Was: Attention - Yes you too! in p.b.i.
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 26 Apr 1999 07:51:16
Message: <372444EF.5EFE9EA6@aol.com>
Agree, agree, agree and perhaps also, yes, agree.
It's a matter of habit as to how I do things. I tend to jump right in to
a message and read or read and reply in one felled swoop. Hardly ever
glancing at the group (or groups, in the case of crossposts) I'm in.
Although I almost always get it right if I'm starting a new message
myself (note the "almost") but then there's the cancellation option if I
notice my mistake in time. Some of the posts others have made go into
very wrong groups, whether by mistake or not. Should be pretty straight
forward about doing this right. Main thing is to get into the habit of
looking before posting and picking appropriate groups to defer too
(toughest thing I'd say) when the message content will change. And a
very good example of this would be the recent POV-Ray Now! button
graphics asked for in povray.general. I followed others who had replied
there binary file and all. Is it still not obvious how stupid I can be?
Well, needless to say that is a very good example of the wrong thing to
do. The common sense thing would have been to separate the sort of
message postings they were into their respective groups. I think there
was even a pov script included with one.

Btw, this was originally going to be a reply to a post by Ken T. at
povray.binaries.images about cleaning up the way message posts were
done. Ken! I may have to yell at you, you almost made me post this in
there instead! I swear, the very last second before I hit the Send
button I noticed where I was and cut the text out for a new message
here.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe