POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New survey : Re: New survey *cough* Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New survey *cough*
From: Lance Birch
Date: 26 Apr 1999 06:07:12
Message: <37242cc0.0@news.povray.org>
I'd like to voice my opinion on this one...

First, I refuse to participate in such a personal and irrelevant survey.
What does this have to do with POV-Ray anyway?

Who do you think you are asking questions about someone's
religion/country/language?  Don't you think some people would be a little
offended by such personal questions being posed?  (and letting someone
choose what they want to answer surely can be of no statistical use anyway)

>I know some of these are rather personal questions, respond only to
>those you feel comfortable with. Your answers will, of course, remain
>strictly confidential. I will, after a 2 week period, provide a sheet

Confidential, and yet posted?  That's a paradox if ever I heard one... kinda
like saying, "after you submit, your information will be encrypted with a
public key"

I suggest that you look back at my survey for a little direction, and while
I don't mean to sound like some kind of expert on this kind of stuff, I do
think that you'll find the subject matter of the survey I ran a little more
closely tied to POV-Ray.

I also suggest that if you want to run a survey about something not tied (or
pseudo-tied) to POV-Ray, then you should place it on a separate website,
rather than on this server (like I have done with my "POV Survey", "MAX
Survey", "Fun Survey" and "3D/2D Graphics IQ Test").

And about the IQ Test, I don't think that website is very accurate... or if
it is, I'm a 16-year-old genius (take your pick).

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind