POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Festival of POV : Re: Festival of POV Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Festival of POV
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 25 Apr 1999 17:46:11
Message: <37237f13.0@news.povray.org>

>Nah... this is a festival, to celebrate the joy of POVing... why turn it
into a
>competition?

Definitely ! Joy and pleasure

>However, I'd like a "Worst image" category, as long as no "best images"
>accidently got stuck in there :)

I do agree about categorizing the images, proposed categories

Light (doesn't mean you compete for the best lighting, but that you are
particularly happy with the light of your image, regardless of the subject
of the image)
Texture (these two categories (Light and Texture) are for images showing
technical skills)
Photorealism (with some sub categories : Lanscape, Building, ... object (for
the rest))
Surrealism
Alien landscape
Mathematics (scene with mathematical objects (mostly) and consideration
(symmetries, homothetical objects...), but no bezier patch
Worst image (all subjects together)

and others (has to be decided)

For me the keyword is : *NO COMPETITION* (so that I won't lose, some could
say !), the point is that I don't want to work harder and harder on an image
in the hope to be # 1, but I would like to share the joy I feel when I get
an image that is made of 80% what-I-wanted-it-to-be and 20% Kind-of-magic
and the result is 200% more exciting that what I have planned the image to
be. Well, may be the keyword is *share*.

Philippe