POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Animation Tutorials on Walking : Animation Tutorials on Walking Server Time
18 May 2024 07:51:39 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Tutorials on Walking
From: Tim Soderstrom
Date: 25 Apr 1999 21:36:58
Message: <37230D1B.99DBC1FD@sitc.net>
I've been hunting around various places for them, but I can't seem
to find em'. So, does anyone know where I can find some animation
tutorials that do with complex animations such as walking. I have an
idea of how to make a human walk, but I do not really possess that skill
in Pov-Ray to do it  (I'm still trying to work out CSG differences and
such - damn they can get complicated! :). My problem really is that
I don't know how to convey to povray how to move the objects. I thought
about it using a hierarchy. For example, cutting the leg into 3
parts (Top, Below Knee, Foot), and when I move it, I'd move the whole
thing, followed by the Knee, then the Foot. Not a very realistic
concept, but it is a start I 'spose.

    It isn't too terribly importaint just yet, as I'm working on a still
project right now, but I'd like to begin messing with it.

    Oh yes, I'm also looking for an MPEG Video Player for Linux and a
MPG cruncher/maker (the thing I run to cram all my images into a nice,
neat MPEG :)

    Thanks for the help,

        -Tim Soderstrom