POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in +UA output? : Bug in +UA output? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 01:54:52 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in +UA output?
From: Jeff Lee
Date: 24 Apr 1999 00:35:10
Message: <37213bee.0@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to use the +UA (output Alpha-channel data) option to
create sprites with transparency information.  Normally, it works like a
charm.

But if I want to render, say, a glass sphere with something opaque
inside it, the opaque bit still turns out transparent.  It looks as
though POV-Ray just takes the transparency data of the first surface it
strikes, and though it continues to calculate the RGB values by
splitting the rays, etc., it doesn't seem to update the transparency
component any further.

Is there a way around this?

--
Jeff Lee         shi### [at] gatenet        http://www.gate.net/~shipbrk/

  "The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality
  is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."