POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WinPov and DosPov speed comparison : Re: WinPov and DosPov speed comparison Server Time
5 May 2024 05:43:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinPov and DosPov speed comparison
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 23 Apr 1999 17:31:37
Message: <3720D874.39B0C3AD@aol.com>
I'm a little astounded. Contradictory, I know, "little", "astounded".
Starting to read that I first thought, okay WinPOV is doing better
maybe. By the time I finished looking at it the variances, for the
better mostly are way different than my expectations.
Is the DOS memory stuff just outdated or something?
And that lathe, well, I figured it had to be a Windows cohort all along
anyhow, if you know what I mean.
Nice testing Nieminen.
What's a Mac? j/k! Don't test on one, if I found out it cuts rendering
50% I'd have to get me one.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe