POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WinPov and DosPov speed comparison : Re: WinPov and DosPov speed comparison Server Time
5 May 2024 09:45:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinPov and DosPov speed comparison
From: Ken
Date: 23 Apr 1999 13:52:57
Message: <3720A506.9865F116@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Mika wrote:

>   Q: Is POV-Ray for DOS faster than POV-Ray for windows?
>
>   A: To my surprise the answer is: No.

  Those are some interesting results. They seem to mirror the results
I recieved when testing between the differently compiled windows versions
and 3.1 releases. It certainly supports using the msvc build of windows
if speed is your need. Where is the results for the Mac ?

  Some day instead of saying to someone going on an important mission
"God speed with you " we will be able to say instead "Pov speed with you"
Wouldn't that be nice ?

Can I presume that this will be added to the VFAQ ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net