POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : White *IS* Green! : Re: White *IS* Green! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White *IS* Green!
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 22 Apr 1999 07:26:04
Message: <371ef93c.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <371D7729.78C6FFB9@pacbell.net>...
>Gail Shaw wrote:
>
>> I'll confirm it. I had the same problem. I was doing a quick scene with
>> multiple
>> reflective spheres over multiple checkered squares. All were  fine til I
>> added
>> a checkered square (red/blue). That plane rendered green and blue. I
played
>> with it for  a few days then left it. (Was pov 3.0 for win 95).
>> Gail
>

>  More specificaly they have started assigning a default pigment
>colors to patterns that none specified by you. This helps because
>if you forget to specify a color for the pattern Pov will render
>the scene with the default color instead of stopping to issue a
>warning message suggesting you fix your work before you try again.
>  It manifests it's self when you improperly specify color list
>patterns like the missing comma seperator in the example today.
>It is mentioned in the docs in several catagories concerning
>list patterns that a comma seperator is needed or unexpected
>results can be expected.

Hmmm, I'd appreciate a warning there. Something on the order of
'Warning, colour missing. Using  default'  something that gives a
clue as to what's wrong.

For a program to assume a value and carry on without informing the
user at all is not very friendly (Yes, I'm a programmer)

Thanks for pointing out what's wrong. Now if I cn fix my hard drive
I'll finish that picture.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
   My Software never has bugs, It just develops random features