POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : aprt design : aprt design Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  aprt design
Date: 20 Apr 1999 11:45:29
Message: <371c9309.0@news.povray.org>
I'm about to design my apartment in povray, and wondered if anyone had a
collection or repository of povray objects like doors and cabinets and so
on.

More importantly, I'm wondering about how to approach things, for example
with the origin -- should I use the entryway (door) as the origin, or maybe
the corner of the main room? Its a small studio apartment.

I'm wondering if the negative and positive coordinates that result from
having the origin somewhere in the center, versus at the extreme corner of
the environment, how that will affect the way I move things around..
conceptually easier or not.

I guess I should use a moray-like modeler at this point, but I prefer the
ground up approach and I'll probably end up making all the objects from
scratch.. just checking here first for some advice.

- lv