POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lenses : Re: Lenses Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lenses
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 23 Apr 1999 02:48:34
Message: <371FC2F7.F043C15B@pipeline.com>
Yes, povray lenses have spherical abberation.   This optical defect is due to
the surfaces being spherical.

It is not hard to intersect some other conic surfaces, like hyperboloids, but
it is hard to determine the parameters for a given focal length, diameter,
etc.  A set of macros would be nice.

ONce  upon a time, I want to create a series of lenses, each displaying one of
the basic abberations.  One would have gobs of astigmatism, but no other
abberations. Another would have another problem, and no others. etc.

At least povray artists never have to worry about chromatic abberation (unless
they're using my patch ;-).

--
Daren Scot Wilson
dar### [at] pipelinecom