POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rolling Scaled Sphere for Andrew Cocker : Re: Rolling Scaled Sphere for Andrew Cocker Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rolling Scaled Sphere for Andrew Cocker
From: Ken
Date: 22 Apr 1999 16:18:14
Message: <371F7595.97F570CC@pacbell.net>
Josh English wrote:

> Hey hey watch it now..... I'm a die hard Mac fan and I when
> Windowsbecomes stable enough (hah) I'll look into that as a suitable
> OS... I'm a bit afraid of Unix and it's offspring, tho. (So Unix lovers
> will not flame me -- I beleive people who say it is a hell of a lot
> better than Mac or Windows, but I'll stick with what I know as far as my
> OS goes.

> Josh

  I was not really intending to bash Mac's as an operating system as much
as I was pointing out that there have always been issues involved with
compatability between the different OS's where files and type are concerned.
You might for example have the latest compression codek for apples quick
time movies that have not filtered down to the PC level yet. Perhaps
there is a possible option usable on Mac's that might be affecting a PC
users ability to view it properly. I am unfamiliar with MAc computers
but the compatibility issue is one that is well doumented in the history
of the home computer industry.
  That is all I was really trying to imply. Ok I will admit I may have
done so a little more diplomaticly as I may did, but it was definitely
NOT a complete and total Mac attack on my part either. I suggest instead
that you defensivly took it that way of you own accord and the blame for
that cannot be transfered to me.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net