POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : White *IS* Green! : Re: White *IS* Green! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: White *IS* Green!
From: Ken
Date: 20 Apr 1999 22:49:15
Message: <371D2EE0.DD15206D@pacbell.net>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone explain why the following code gives me a black and *GREEN* checkered
plane?

> plane {y,-1
> texture {
> pigment {checker White Black}
> finish {ambient .4}
> }
> hollow
> }

> Andy

 Since you now have your solutin I will simply tell you why.
Without the comma between the two colors in the list, as in
your example, Pov does not know that it should use them
seperatly for the two areas of the pattern. It instead adds
them together. The black is a more dominant color so wins the
war for the first color in the list. Since the second color
for the list appears to be missing Pov defaults to the white/
green colors it is programed to use when no colors are
specified for the pattern. Obviously you need to either use
the color keyword seperator of as was mentioned make sure you
have the comma in place if you expect it to perform correctly.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net