POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : aprt design : Re: aprt design Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: aprt design
From: Spider
Date: 20 Apr 1999 13:38:18
Message: <371CA30A.75B59455@bahnhof.se>
I would suggest that you used a corner as start, that way you'd only have to
"wory" about positive distances and it gets generally easy.

To find useful Items for your room, I'd suggest that you browse Uncle Ken's
link-page. He is
"da linkmaster"

In your worries, I find it generally best to place a corner or a "referrence
object" at the center, and then build the scene from there. The few attempts I
have of Real Life Modelling I start with a scale(1m = 100pov, or something,
depending on the sizes)

> I guess I should use a moray-like modeler at this point, but I prefer the
> ground up approach and I'll probably end up making all the objects from
> scratch.. just checking here first for some advice.
I wish you good luck on this, Myself, i don't use a modeller, as i think it's
only limiting me in most cases, sure, I tend to do things the slow way :-)

Oh, when you make items, I'd suggest you to have them in a separeate .inc file,
that would help the order of things(navigating the main scene). The same for the
sizes of theese objects, centered with a corner at <0,0,0> and using a "easy to
place" depth/width.

just my thoughts...

Good Luck.

--