POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: Steiner surface web site : Re: Announce: Steiner surface web site Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:32:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Steiner surface web site
From: Ken
Date: 19 Apr 1999 04:15:09
Message: <371AD6A0.492C406B@pacbell.net>
Ph Gibone wrote:

> Hi Ken
>
> If you are interested, and not afraid by a terrible program, I can send you
> one of mine that creates meshes of <smooth> triangles or pseudo wireframes
> (or raw object for Moray) out of a set of 3 parametrized functions.
>
> Philippe

Hi,

 I would certainly be interested in taking a look at it. Send it to
me when you have the time. Any kind of instructions you may have for
it's use would be appreciated. You did not mention if it was a dos or
windows program. If it is a windows program I can probably struggle
through with a simple explanation on how to use it. If it is a dos
command line program then a list of command line paramters plus a
command line example would be useful to have.

  One question I have is how you handle infinite objects with your
program. Several of the examples in the shapesq.inc file are infinite
in one plane. If you make a mesh for one of these types the program
would not stop making triangles for as long as hard drive would have
room to hold them. Do you automaticaly clip the object at some boundry
or did you simply make it refuse to handle shapes of this type ?

 Thank you for offering.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net