POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announce: Steiner surface web site : Re: Announce: Steiner surface web site Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Steiner surface web site
From: Ken
Date: 19 Apr 1999 02:24:52
Message: <371ABCC7.2F4CFE33@pacbell.net>
Jerry Anning wrote:

> You would need a series approximation if you really wanted to use a
> quartic.  The accuracy would suck.  Why not just stick the actual
> parametric equations directly into the parametric object type in the
> Isosurface patch (and the Superpatch)?  Incidentally, as to the "8"
> and "note 1" symbols, I'm afraid they're Greek to me! :)
>
> Jerry Anning
> clem "at" dhol "dot" com

   A am aware that they are greek symbols. I simply didn't have a
 handy reference to their decriptions, english names, and mathmatical
 equivelent functions they represent when I copied them to my
 "Do it someday" file.

 I did try them in M3D
 http://mcn.simplenet.com/graphics/3d/m3d/default.htm
 but it only allows 2d eqautions and they definatly did not work as
 expected with the few hacks I attempted to use to get them to work.

 I don't have the iso patch here and I still haven't gotten the hang of
 the Superpatch yet, assuming it has that covered. Perhaps some day...

 --
 Ken Tyler

 mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net