POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : question about the newsgroups : Re: question about the newsgroups Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question about the newsgroups
From: Steve
Date: 18 Apr 1999 09:30:03
Message: <3719CE4C.ACADE9E4@ndirect.co.uk>
Interesting idea.

But probably what you will get is all the new people, coming over
to the advanced group because they know that there will be people
there who will know the answers, and spoon feed them.

I don't like elitism, and feel that the general feeling within
the wider POV community would be that we tend to be a very
cosmopolitan bunch, and the misture of ideas, between all the
different aspects adds a freshness that you probably wouldn't
find elsewhere.  Carving the groups up would probably drain some
of this freshness and give the place more of a school feel, where
students are split up into groups just to make them easier to
supervis.

Just my 2p worth.

Cheers
Steve