POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page : Re: Austrailia at war with the US ? Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Austrailia at war with the US ?
From: Lance Birch
Date: 17 Apr 1999 22:15:24
Message: <3719322c.0@news.povray.org>
he he, I know it was all in good fun!!!

SURELY you've heard of The Matrix!!!!!!!!
And SURELY you've heard of Flow-Mo!!!!!!!

OK, well if you haven't it's only the best movie ever... :)  You can go to
www.whatisthematrix.com to get a little more info...

Actually, better, go here to get info on the Flow-Mo shot they did...
http://www.whatisthematrix.com/img/stills_popup6.jpg

http://www.whatisthematrix.com/cmp/sfx-bullet_walk.html
http://www.whatisthematrix.com/cmp/sfx-bullet_stills.html

The animation of the green screened Flow-Mo (part of it anyway) can be found
here:

http://www.whatisthematrix.com/dld/keanuiskool.mov

Now, about the POV-Ray mirror site... I don't even know what the address
is!!!  I'm not sure about the restrictions either...  Never heard of
domain/IP blocking on a public website before... Strange...

As for this comment:

>  Since you live over there on the little island could you hope on over

Well, I don't really feel that I should retaliate to that  :-)  he he he

But back to The Matrix.  So far I've only seen the trailers for it and
searched all over the website :)  I was going to see it last night but
instead I went out of town.  It's HIGHLY recommended by everyone who's seen
it.  The special F/X are apparently incredible (the trailer shot of the
Flow-Mo was enough to convince me of that) and so is the story line!!!

So, as soon as I get the chance I'm seeing it!!!  Typical though, this
weekend I had to go somewhere, next weekend it's my brother's wedding...
WHEN AM I GOING TO GET TO SEE THIS GREAT MOVIE!!!  AHHHHHHH!!!

he he he  OK, I've calmed down now...

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/parallax/359/colorblind