POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page : Re: ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 17 Apr 1999 04:12:11
Message: <3718344b.0@news.povray.org>
That is what we all have been waiting for!
It will probably be even more useful when answering to newbie questions then
the VFAQ. Ugly, but *very* useful ;)

From now on, more or less all we need are two keyboard macros:

ALT+V:
"Your question is answered in the VFAQ at this URL:..."

ALT+L:
"You will find a link for that on Linkmeister Ken's links-page at:..."

That should take care of much of the traffic here in p.g and on c.g.r.r ;c)

Actually, if I could just find a scriptable newsreader, then I could set up
my newsreader to go read the newsgroup itself, answering to each post with
the appropriate option from above. Newsreading without human intervention!
How awesome! ;)

Johannes.