POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page : Re: ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:31:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Uncle Ken's Link's Page
From: Ken
Date: 17 Apr 1999 03:18:08
Message: <37182646.13789B68@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> The thing is awesome (okay if I use old lingo?) I love it.

  Awesome works for me dude. I grew up 15 min. bicycling time from one
of California's premier beaches. Cool, bitchin, right on, far out, Dude,
and occassionaly righteous are perfectly acceptable slang words where I
come from. Some of the other places I comes from the words don't ya know,
don't ya see, yep, shore nuff, lader on, and beseen ya are also acceptable
slang words.

> If you see this message I have to point out that you put a url in there
> to the Includes section of my Links page and I recently removed every
> file from every web space I have and re-uploaded as a whole new scheme.
> The correct path is now:
>
>  http://members.aol.com/xyzunknown/linker.htm/#Includes
>
> for the VerseCurse Links Page under sub-heading Link Pages Related to
> 3D. Not only that I found that the graphics refused to be shown going
> direct to the #Include. No big deal I guess, not necessary.
>
> I must say, you have out done yourself with this project. I can only
> stand in awe in your shadow.
> Dang I hope I'm not the first to have a "bug report" of your wonderful
> work, hopefully I will be the last though. Did you ever realize how much
> of that could drop out anytime when you prepared the web page? I'll
> stick to my humble links upkeep, better yet skip them altogether. Nah,
> couldn't do that. I have to add yours in now.

  As it is in life it is for links pages. All things are subject to change.
I handed off my bookmark file about three weeks ago to the person who
is writing and finishing the current site. I have since that time amassed
61 more links to add to the collection and an even dozen of those are strickly
Pov related.

  I'm sure that maintaining a data base like that will be problematic but
I will be adding a broken links report mechanism and hopefully my visitors
will take the time to let me know when something is broke.

HINT ! HINT ! HINT ! HINT ! HINT ! HINT ! HINT ! HINT ! HINT !

  Obviously there is no way I can verify each link is working on a regular
basis and if everyone wants it to stay the powerful resource it is they
can take a moment to let me when there is a problem. The site is not for
me as I have the book mark file it all comes from. It is instead my
contribution to the Pov and 3D community that has already has done much
for me. I can't program but I sure can link you up to what you need.

  I will get around to fixing all of the links, including yours, but my
main priority right now is to get the site working harmoniously with itself
and I can then work to improve it's structure and accuracy of material
as I go. There will be some nice tutorials hopefully soon if I can get my
proof readers to finish up and send back the materials I need to post to
the tutorials section :)

Cheers,

--
Ken Tyler